For health care personnel
We have short waiting times and can take priority patients within a week. Otherwise the waiting time is 1-2 weeks.
We have modern endoscopy equipment for gastroscopy and can perform biopsies for PAD and quick test for Helicobacter. We have thin gastroscopy instruments and also instruments for nasal gastroscopy. We offer sedation with Propofol for those patients who wish.
The referral must be stated if the patient wishes to have a cedar.
Prior to sedation, a recent ECG (no older than 6 months) is required if the patient has hypertension, diabetes, heart disease or is over 65 years old. In case of lung disease, e.g. COPD spirometry and ECG is required before acceptance for sedation. These examinations must be attached to the referral documents.
We call the patient by phone or by letter and it is therefore good if the referral contains correct information.
The following must be stated in the referral documentation
- Current address
- Current phone number
- Symptoms, especially alarm symptoms such as: dysphagia, hematemesis, melena, weight loss
- If possible, we would like to see if the patient has undergone previous upper G-I surgery (eg gastric bypass)
- Current medication including possible anticoagulants
Referrals for surgeryThe following shall be stated in the referral
- Diagnosis or Suspected Diagnosis
- Location of the mole
- A photo (Alternatively, photos can be taken with the patient's mobile camera)
- Size of the mole