We have short waiting times and can take priority patients within a week. The waiting period for unprecedented patients is 1-2 weeks.
We have modern endoscopy equipment for gastroscopy and can perform biopsies for PAD and fastest for Helicobacter. We have thin gastroscopy instruments and also instruments for nasal gastroscopy. We offer sedation with Propofol for those patients who wish.
The referral must be stated if the patient wishes to have a cedar.
Prior to sedation, the current ECG (no older than 6 months) is required if the patient has hypertension, diabetes, heart disease or is over 65 years old. In case of lung disease, e.g. COPD requires spirometry and ECG. These examinations must be attached to the referral.
We call the patient by phone or by letter and it is therefore good if the referral contains correct information.
The following must be stated in the referral
- Current address
- Currest phone number
- Desires of sedation
- Symptoms, especially alarm symptoms such as: dysphagia, hematema, melena, weight loss, matral
- If possible, we would like to see if the patient has undergone previous upper G-I surgery (eg gastric bypass)
- Current medication including possible blood thinning
Operation ReferralsThe following shall be stated in the referral
- Diagnosis or Suspected Diagnosis
- Location of change
- Would you like a photo with a selection (Alternatively, photos can be taken with the patient's mobile camera)
- Change size